news24xx.com
News24xx

Education

Video : A gas canister sparked an explosion at a Taiwan eatery, makes a toddler suffered burns

news24xx

Video : A gas canister sparked an explosion at a Taiwan eatery, makes a toddler suffered  burns A gas canister sparked an explosion at a Taiwan eatery, makes a toddler suffered burns

News24xx.com - A gas canister sparked an explosion at a Taiwan eatery, named Bu Lao Guo Hotpot at Changhua's Xihu districtlast Thursday on November 9 2017.

Seven people were hurt in the incident, when a restaurant employee was replacing the gas canister for a portable stove. And a family of three were lucky to escape with their lives.

From CCTV footage of the incident at Bu Lao Guo Hotpot restaurant showed the male staff member fiddling with the gas canister at one of the tables. After the customers smell the gas leak, the customers seated around the area seen vacating their seats while holding their noses and moving away from stove.

But, a family of three - including a three-year-old girl - were trapped in a booth beside the staff member and they were unable to escape from the explosion.

The father, a 37-year-old man surnamed Yang, was seen in the video picking up the young girl as the fire raged right beside them, while his wife fled in another direction.

The 16-year-old staff of restaurant was also seen in the video to running away after the explosion.

According to reports, that toddler suffered second to third degree burns to 20 per cent of her body, including her face and arms.Her burnt face peeling while the family waited outside the restaurant for the ambulance to picking up the little girl to hospital.

The girl's father suffered second degree burns to 26 per cent of his body, while his wife suffered 10 per cent burns.

An eye-witness told Taiwanese news media that the young staff member probably did not know the correct procedure to replace the cylinder for the portable gas stove.

The 16-year-old employee suffered second degree burns to 24 per cent of his body, mostly to his neck and hands.

The teenager's parents said that they child had taken up the job at the restaurant to help with the family's finances, and didn't expect that something like this could happen. The family had thought he was only serving dishes and cleaning tables as a waiter.

 

 

News24xx.com/wer/dev

(***)

NEWS24XX.COM

Can be read in English and 100 other International languages





Loading...
loading...